Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

The Win That Shocked the Country

The Rangers win the World Series

The Texas Rangers shocked the nation when they won the baseball World Series. The Rangers had never won the World Series until now.

The Rangers struggled at the beginning of the season, with players such as Jacob deGrom, Josh Jung, Jonah Heim, Nathan Eovaldi, Mitch Garver, and others affected by injuries. They were almost taken out of the chance to play in the playoffs when losing 4-16 in mid-August, but were able to recover. However, many did not believe that the Rangers would even make it to the playoffs for the World Series. 

“I was at a game they lost,” senior Mark Pothier said. “I feel like they lose just to spite me. Four years of disappointment. They stopped going to the postseason just as we moved here.”

For the first time since 2020, the Rangers had scored a record above 0.500 after winning against the reigning National League (NL) Champions. This proved to the nation that the Rangers could at least play well against the league’s best. Still, no one thought that they would get far in the championship.

The Rangers surprised everyone when they beat the Astros. The Rangers beat the Astros 11-7 in the final game. The Rangers lost games 3 through 5 against the Astros after winning games 1 and 2. This caused disappointment among the fans until the Rangers turned the game around. The Rangers won the final two games against the Astros causing a celebration between the devoted fans. 

This win caused the Rangers to enter the finals against the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Rangers had defeated the Diamondbacks by winning six out of the seven games and scoring 5-0 against them in the final game. This caused celebration all across Texas. Many were astounded by the Ranger’s winning performance. 

“I cried like a baby,” Coach Moore said. “I’ve been a Rangers fan my whole life. Not a shame to admit it.” 

Many fans have been waiting for this moment to happen. The Rangers never gave up despite the hardship they went through in the past years. The Rangers inspired many people to work hard for their dreams and to never give up.

“It was shocking when the Rangers won after 63 seasons. It’s motivational and inspirational knowing they never gave up no matter how long it took,” said freshman Prachi Patel.