Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Last Week in Sports April 1-6

The Dragon baseball team continued district play with a two-game sweep of Keller Central, winning 11-0 and 7-0. The team is currently 15-9 overall on the season and 4-3 in district play.  They currently sit in third place in district play.  The boys will continue their playoff hunt against V.R. Eaton this week. 

Photo by: J. Shultz

The Lady Dragon softball team also continued district play last week, squaring off against Keller. Although the girls lost to Keller 7-2, they remain in 2nd place in district play and are 23-6 overall with three district games remaining.  Looking forward, they will play Keller Central and V.R. Eaton this week.

Morgan Brown

The Lady Dragon soccer team faced Prosper in the UIL Region 1 Semi-Final on April 5.  The girls fought through adversity after senior captain, Kaylie Harris received a red card in the middle of the second half.  As a result, the team was forced to play down a player for the remaining minutes of regulation and through 2 overtimes.  With the scoreline still tied, the girls progressed through 7 rounds of penalty kicks, but ended up losing to a sudden death goal.  The Lady Dragons finished their season 24-1-1 and as Regional Semi-Finalists.   

Ava Cottingham

The varsity tennis teams went up against Allen on April 5 and are currently 17-5 overall in their spring season.  They will take on local rival Grapevine on April 12 at 8:00 a.m and then begin their preparation for the 4-6A District Tournament on April 25-26.  

Photo by S. Desjardins

The Dragon and Lady Dragon track and field teams competed in the district meet on April 3.  Junior shot put thrower Bo Fleming finished second place with a personal record of 54-7.  The distance runners finished on top of the podium in the 800, 1600, and and 3200 meter runs.  Those that advanced to the UIL Area Meet will compete on April 11.

Photo by: S. Ramesh