Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

LWIS Post Spring Break – March 18-23

The Lady Dragon soccer team became district champions after their 8-0 win versus Fossil Ridge on March 8th. Hoping to keep their undefeated streak alive, the Lady Dragons will kick off their playoff run with a bi-district game vs. Crowley (13-10) at Dragon Stadium on March 26th at 6:00 P.M.

Prior to the break,  the boys and girls golf teams played in the Timarron Country Club tournament. For the Dragons, 5 of the top 10 finishers were from Carroll – Luke Evans finished overall in second. On the girls team, Tyler Burtnett and Aubrie Nolen finished second and third. This week, both teams will participate in the District 4-6A championship. 

Southlake Carroll baseball’s current overall record this season is 11 – 7 and 0 – 2 in district games. Last week, the Dragons defeated Stillwater 4-0 on Teacher Appreciation Night and celebrated Senior Night with a 5-2 win over MacArthur in non-district play. The Dragons will pick up district play this week with two games against Keller.  

Cailyn Cashon

Before the break, the Dragon soccer team finished second in their district advancing them to the playoffs. The Dragons also participated in a pre-playoff scrimmage against Ennis High School, winning 3-0, goals were scored by Bilal Keloufi, Fife Adeyemo, and Cole Swett. Captain Liam Burns won man of the match.  The Dragons take on North Crawley in the bi-district playoff game this week.  

Photo by E. Lerin

Last week, the Lady Dragon softball team both Eaton and Byron Nelson in district play. Currently, the team is 20-5 overall and 4-1 in district play. On the Lady Dragon softball team, a freshman holds one of their current top stats. Freshman Cate Stoklas currently holds the most amount of stolen bases this season with a total of 9. The Lady Dragons continue district play this week against Fossil Ridge and Timber Creek.

Photo by J. Wulfert

Contributors – Matthew Pendergrass, Sarim Chaudry, Colton Deraud, James Gray, Zach Davidson, and Tony Worbiec