Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Last Week in Sports 1.29-2.3.24

The Dragon soccer team took the field twice this past week against Keller and Keller Central. In the game against Keller, the Dragons lost 2-0 and in the game against Keller Central the Dragons scored early, yet conceded 3 goals to lose at a final score of 3-1.  “The boys are a good, technical team and our aim is to improve every day,” varsity assistant coach Ian Gonzales said.  The Dragons are now 1-2 in district play and look to take one V.R. Eaton and Byron Nelson this week.

Morgan Brown

Sitting in first place in district play with a district record of 4-0, the Lady Dragons beat Keller 4-1 at home on Jan. 30 and then traveled to Keller Central on Feb. 2 bringing home a 2-1 win, furthering their undefeated record of 14-0. “We knew the results we needed, that’s what motivated us to find a way to get our win,” senior captain Kaylie Harris said.  Looking to remain undefeated, the Lady Dragons continue district play facing off against V. R. Eaton on Feb. 6 and Byron Nelson Feb. 9 – both games are at home.  

Ava Cottingham

The Lady Dragon basketball team defeated the Byron Nelson Bobcats, walking away with a score of 86-56. This increases their record to 27-5, and their district record of 11-0, making them the district 4-6A district champions. “It was a really good win for us because going up against a big district rival like that is tough,” point guard Natalia Jordan said. The Lady Dragons hope to continue their win streak against Fossil Ridge on Tuesday at 5:45 p.m as they prepare for their playoff fun.

Morgan Brown

Hanging on to third place in district play with a record of 6-4, the Dragons ended their last win streak with a 53-43 loss to V.R. Eaton on Jan. 30. The Dragons bounced back later in the week by beating Byron Nelson 54-49 at home on Feb. 2.  The Dragons will close out district play next week against Fossil Ridge on Feb. 6. and Timber Creek on Feb. 9.

Morgan Brown

The Dragons and Lady Dragon swim and dive teams were in action at the Elise Cerami Aquatic Center on February 5 for the District 4-6A Non-Region Swim Championship meet. The girls won 888-317 over a second place Keller. The boys won 994-271 over the second place Byron Nelson. Four Lady Dragon divers, 14 Lady Dragon swimmers, 11 Dragon swimmers, and two Dragon divers will travel to Midland this weekend for the Region 1-6A Championship meet. The team is looking to continue their winning streak and to advance to the UIL State meet in the hopes of winning another state championship.

Morgan Brown

The Carroll Dragons wrestling team competed in the UIL District 4-6A meet on Feb. 2.   The boys were named the district 4-6A champions and will be continuing on to the regional meet.  Senior Boede Gibson won his 4th district title and the team is now district champs for the tenth time in a row.  The girls placed third and will send six qualifiers to the regional meet.

Photo courtesy of S. Chaudhary