Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Last Week in Sports 12.22-1.13.24

Over the break, varsity boys soccer won their first game of the season 3-0 against the Braswell Bengals on Jan. 2. They also faced off in an elite showcase tournament advancing to the semi final round.  Recently, they traveled to Austin to play in the Austin Lakes Showcase. The Dragons fell short against Harlan, losing 1-0 and against Katy-Jordan High School with a final score of 2-1. With a little confidence boost late in the game against Round Rock High School, the Dragons managed to score a last-minute game-tying goal to end the game 1-1.  The Dragons take on Cedar Hill this Friday at home. 

Morgan Brown

Over the break, varsity girls soccer played in the Johnson County Tournament winning against Cleburne, Aledo, Burleson and Northwest. The Lady Dragons were 4-0 as they prepared to play in the National Elite Prep Showcase this past week.  The Lady Dragons defeated Pflugerville Weiss 14-0, Florida Montverde 4-0. and Mansfield 7-0 improving their record to 7-0 overall.  They will begin district play this week against Keller Timber Creek on Jan. 17 and then travel to the Governor’s Cup in Georgetown.

Ava Cottingham

Over the break Dragon wrestling participated in duals Jan. 3 and the Cy Fair Invitational on Jan. 6. In the Cy Fair Invitational four different wrestlers placed –  Boede Gipson finished first, Dylan Ota finished second, Brenna Trang finished fifth and Carson Ota finished sixth.

The Lady Dragon basketball team faced off against the V.R. Eaton Eagles on Jan. 5 at V.R. Eaton High School. The Lady Dragons defeated the Eagles 68-39 and walked away with 46 rebounds, 18 assists and 14 steals. Recently, The Lady Dragons defeated both Byron Nelson and Fossil Ridge improving their overall record to 22-5 and their district record to a perfect 6-0.  The Lady Dragons continue district play this week.

Morgan Brown

The Dragon basketball team went 2-2 over the break with wins against Keller Central and Denton Ryan.  Recently, they faced three district opponents in V.R. Eaton, Byron Nelson and Fossil Ridge. The Dragons are currently 16-6 overall and 3-2 in district play.  They will continue district play this week.

Morgan Brown

Last week the Carroll Swim team participated in a meet against Highland Park at the Elise Cerami Aquatic Center on Jan. 11. The swim team will celebrate Senior night on Jan. 18 and is looking forward to the UIL district championship which takes place Jan. 27.

Photo by E. Lerin