Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Last Week In Sports 12.4-12.9

Girls Basketball

Continuing their win streak, the Lady Dragon varsity basketball team faced off against Frisco Heritage on Dec. 5 and Memorial on Dec. 8. The Lady Dragons won 51-23 over Frisco Heritage and 78-56 over Memorial. Hoping to improve their overall record of 14-3, the Lady Dragons start district play this week against Keller Timber Creek.  

The Jordan sisters had a combined total of 71 points in their 78-56 win over Frisco Memorial. Sophomore Gianna Jordan scored a career high of 28 points with junior Milania Jordan close behind at 17 points. Sophomore Natalia Jordan finished the game with 14 points, and freshman Nadia Jordan put up 12 points.

Morgan Brown

Swim

The boys and girls varsity swim and dive competed at the Mansfield Invitational on December 8th and 9th. The boys and girls Dragon Green teams swept all 3 relays. Both teams stood atop of the podium as the boys won 870-466 and the girls won 732-470. The team will be in action again on January 11th vs Highland Park as they prepare for district, regional, and state meets.

Photo by E. Lerin

Boys Basketball

Following an eleven game win streak with wins against LD Bell, Mesquite Horn, Eastern Hills and Cedar Hill, the Dragon varsity basketball team lost their most recent match 54-55 to the Wolfforth Frenship Tigers.  The Dragons look to prepare for the final preseason game against Arlington Bowie on December 12.  

Morgan Brown

Wrestling 

At the Mid America Nationals in Oklahoma on Dec. 8-9, eight Dragon wrestlers finished in the top 20.  Sophomore Dillion Ota finished in first place for the first time in Carroll wrestling history. The wrestling team prepares to compete in the Keller Duals on Dec. 16.  

Football

Going into the UIL state semi-final with a record of 13-1, the Dragon football team played defending state champion Desoto at Allen Eagle Stadium on December 9.

“I thought that this season was great because so many guys got to play and we fought our butts off this season and especially against Desoto.”  senior Preston Mickens said. “They are a great team, and we fought hard to come back, ultimately coming up short. But our guys did amazing, and we will be back.”

The Dragons lost a tough battle 45-38 finishing the 2023 season as state semi-finalists.  

Morgan Brown