Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Fashion Feature

Students use style to showcase personality
Created by A. King

Fashion changes every day. Trends turn into styles and people use style to express themselves and showcase their personality, whether it is preppy, alternative, or even indie. It’s the different use of styles that help people be confident. So how do you describe your style? How does it fit you as a person?  

Ava Glaser, a senior, describes herself as a confident person. 

“So I wear whatever I want when I want,” Glaser said. “In most of my outfits, I’ll wear a ‘statement piece,’ or something I base the outfit around.” 

She changes this “statement piece” based on her mood.

“When I’m tired, I’ll pick out something for comfort – like pajama bottoms or baggy pants. When I’m energized, I’ll pick out a frilly top or a skirt.” 

Having a different “statement piece” each day allows Glaser to express her eclectic tastes. 

“I’ll piece everything around what I picked to match. I like wearing neutrals, dark color palettes, pastels and base colors. I like anything that coordinates and stands out.” 

Despite having a variety of styles, two parts of her style are always the same.  

“Something that will almost never change about my look day to day is me wearing eyeliner and a pearl necklace,” Glaser said.

Junior Ari Singh has another method of choosing her day-to-day style.  

“I feel like my style changes every day based on what music I’m listening to in the morning,” Singh said. “If I’m feeling Taylor Swift then I’ll probably wear Lululemon that day, but if I’m listening to heavy metal or rock then I’m going to dress ‘downtown girl’ or ‘alternative.’ It fits my personality because I like feeling unique and having my sense of identity and I want my style to reflect that.” 

Jacqueline Smith, a sophomore, believes she has a very kind personality, and her style reflects this. 

“My style is very bright and cheery,” Smith said. “I like wearing light colors that show my happiness. My closet is full of pastels.” 

Sophomore Michael Vu puts his talkative personality into his style.

“I wear a lot of thrifted pieces because I like the idea of being able to dress sustainably, while still only having to spend a small amount,” Vu said.  “I like graphic tees because I think they are some of the easiest conversation pieces ever.”

With people it’s hard to connect, and make conversations, but Vu believes his fashion choices help make those connections. 

““If you’re wearing a music artist’s shirt, people will come up to you and you will have an instant connection. I guess this reflects my personality in the sense that I really like to talk, so I find ways to start up easy conversation. I also just like to be able to be comfortable with the people I’m closest with because that’s the best way to actually have a connection.