Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

‘Atlas Shrugged’

Book Review on a sci-fi masterpiece

“Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand is a thought-provoking and ambitious work of fiction that takes a deep dive into the world of capitalism, individualism, and morality. This book is a true masterpiece that will leave you questioning your beliefs and values, long after you have finished reading it.

The story is set in a dystopian society where the government controls everything, and the most successful entrepreneurs are punished for their success. The book revolves around the life of the protagonist, Dagny Taggart, who is the Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental, a railroad company. As the story progresses, Dagny discovers a mysterious figure, John Galt, who is the leader of a group of the world’s most successful and innovative thinkers and entrepreneurs. Together, they embark on a journey to create a new society that values individualism and freedom.

What I loved about this book is how it challenges the conventional beliefs about morality and the role of government in society. Ayn Rand’s philosophy of objectivism is woven into the story, which argues that the only purpose of government is to protect individual rights and that capitalism is the only moral system. The book is not just a work of fiction, but a call to action for people to take responsibility for their own lives and to fight for their freedom.

Overall, Atlas Shrugged is an epic masterpiece that will leave you questioning the world we live in and our place in it. It’s a must-read for anyone who is interested in philosophy, morality, and the role of government in society. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a thought-provoking and inspiring read.