Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Tribune’s Fall Playlist

The Tribune’s staff gives their song picks for the fall

Pragnya’s Pick

“My Love Mine All Mine” – Mitski

“Nothing in the world is mine for free / But my love mine, all mine, all mine”

I like the idea of love being the only thing that lasts forever, and for someone to have so much love inside of them that they want it to remain even after they’re gone. It’s a good song for when you’re taking a walk in the fall weather.

Jaylyn’s Picks

“I Want You” – Mitski

“You’re coming back and its the end of the world / We’re starting over and I love you darling”

“Nothings New” – Rio Romeo

“Mama’s Boy” – Dominic Fike

“Half of my heart is in your chest”

Addisyn’s Picks

“Dead Man” – David Kushner

“I’ve only grown from the tears”

“Better Man (Taylor’s Version)(From The Vault)” – Taylor Swift

“Talking down to me like I’d always be around”

“Reflections” – The Neighbourhood

“We were too close to the stars I never knew somebody like you, somebody / Falling just as hard I’d rather lose somebody than use somebody”

“no body, no crime (feat. HAIM)” – Taylor Swift

“That ain’t my jewelry on our joint account / No, there ain’t no doubt”

Katherine’s Picks

“Fade Into You” – Mazzy Star

“I think it’s strange you never knew”

I love this song because I think it’s very fall. I love old songs from the 90s and this one just makes me think of cold, rainy days curled up by the fire. 

“Love 2 Fast” – Steve Lacy

“I swear there’s something in the wind outside today”

Steve Lacy just reminds me of fall, and the contrast between his smooth vocals and the R&B background music is really satisfying. 

Joe’s Picks

“All Night Parking (with Erroll Garner) Interlude” – Adele

“But every time that you text, I want to get on the next flight home / And dream next to you all night long”

With a soft, rolling piano, and warm, cozy sound, this song is perfect for fall. It’s pretty short, since it’s an interlude, but it is one of my favorites by Adele, and is so nice and comforting to listen to.

“laundry day” – Cavetown

“Silence loud in the forest burnt / Man, she doesn’t want to be here / Don’t know when I’ll learn”

This is definitely a sadder song, but from the song itself to the album cover, it fits exactly into the vibes of the season. If you need a sad song for a rainy, fall day, this is the one for you.

“All Too Well (10 Minute Version)(Taylor’s Version)(From The Vault)” – Taylor Swift

“I walked through the door with you / The air was cold / But something ‘bout it felt like home somehow”

If you haven’t heard this quintessential Taylor Swift song, you’re missing out. It’s from her fourth studio album, “Red,” and this is the song you need to be belting out while you drive with all of the windows down. It’s angry and passionate, and the 10 minute version is somehow incredible easy to memorize after a few listens. There’s another “Sad Girl Autumn Version” if you really want to get in your feels. If you’re not up for the journey of the full 10 minutes, then the regular, 5 minutes and 29 seconds long version will do just fine. Make sure it’s “Taylor’s Version” though.

Christine’s Picks

“Rainy Tapestry” – Lamp (lyrics translated from Japanese)

“A sweet memory spreads in my heart / Like sugar cubes that crumble in hot black tea”

From the nostalgic vocals of Kaori Sakakibara to the gentle instrumentals of Lamp, this song perfectly recreates the feeling of a rainy autumn day.

“Autumn in New York” – Billie Holiday

“Autumn in New York, why does it seem so inviting? / Autumn in New York, it spells the thrill of first-nighting”

Billie Holiday’s soothing and soulful vocals embody the vibes of Fall in this hit jazz classic. This song makes a good introduction to jazz classics and perfectly emulates the comforting aura of Autumn. 

“No More What Ifs” – Lyn

“Who know what tomorrow holds? Just wanna live my life the way I want / What fills up my soul is passionate / Music that makes want to sing”

This song is definitely more introspective but the tune of it really reminds me of a cool day in Autumn, filled with reflection. From the soothing vocals and the vibey ambience, I believe this song is a calming ballad for the fall.

Arden’s Picks

“The Pitiful Children” – from “Be More Chill”

“So let’s complete the chains / And get inside those brains/Let’s save the pitiful children”

“The Pitiful Children” is a villain song perfect for the spooky season. The mix of rock and techno styles come together to create a truly terrifying song that also happens to be very fun to jam out and play air guitar to.

“Want You Gone” – Jonathan Coulton and Ellen McLain

“Oh how we laughed and laughed / Except I wasn’t laughing/Under the circumstances / I’ve been shockingly nice”

From “Portal 2,” this song is a haunting one that easily lodged itself in my head. The simple, repetitive melody mixed with the robotic singing and noises throughout makes it both memorable for its simplicity as well as its sinister tone.

Suhavi’s Pick

“That’s Where The Colors Don’t go” – Sam Phillips

“That’s where the the Colors don’t go / that’s where the colors don’t go”

This song is from the late 90s early 2000s and you can tell that this song describes fall. This just gives very autumny vibes.

What songs remind you of fall? Submit them here: https://forms.gle/zNQ6tgytrd27jnjk6