Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Movies Truly Worth Seeing

Some top-rated movies to watch this spring

As someone who works in a movie theater, I get to see a lot of movies firsthand. I see bits and pieces and get to enjoy the movies myself. Through this, I have watched most of these movies myself and they are the best ones out right now.

“Bob Marley: One Love” – biopic

“Bob Marley: One Love” focuses on his life. Played by Kingsley Ben-Adir. “Bob Marley: One Love” dives into his life, personal and his famous life. Bob Marley was a Jamaican reggae singer, guitarist, and songwriter. He was a pioneer in his genre but unfortunately, he died at the age of 36 of cancer. But this movie is amazing at capturing his life and celebrating his life in the music industry and how he changed many things. This is one you need to see if you like biopics.

“Wonka” – Musical

“Wonka” is a movie that has done well in theaters. Maybe it is because of Timothée Chalamet, but it does have some other great actors like Olivia Coleman, Hugh Grant, Paterson Joseph, and more. It is a fun, captivating film, with some pretty catchy songs. It is fun for all ages. “Wonka” focuses on Willy Wonka starting to make chocolate, but running into issues. The movie is super funny and it’s hard to take it seriously. It is a great movie to take a date or siblings to.

“Anyone But You” – Romantic Comedy

This movie stars Sydney Sweeny and Glen Powell. This rom-com is funny, and both actors help add humor to the rom-com. Debuting in December of 2023, it has been popular since it’s release. The movie itself has a great storyline: two people pretend to be a couple for a wedding and it develops to more than that. As a rom-com, it brings comedy and romance together effectively. All in all, It’s a great movie to go to for a date or with friends. 

“Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes”

“Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” is the prequel to the Hunger Games. Starring Rachel Ziegler and Tom Blyth, this movie is amazing. The effects and looks of the arena and how life was when the Hunger Games started helped add to the story. The movie has a great storyline with actual time taken into the writing and some good music. Although many prefer the book, this movie was worth seeing as well. If you are a fan of the Hunger Games series, this movie is for you.