Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Three books that you need to read

“The Do-Over” by Lynn Painter

“The Do-Over” follows Emily Hornby, a 17-year-old, who has one of the worst Valentine’s days. She wrecks her car, gets her scholarship taken away and her boyfriend cheats on her. Everything is going wrong, and even worse, her dad is moving away. When she tries to escape the day at her grandmother’s, she wakes up having to repeat her disaster, Valentine’s Day, over and over. 

How long will she be stuck in the loop? Why did this happen to her? How can she change the outcome of the day?

Lynn Painter’s book “The Do-Over” shows how one little thing can change your whole life. Her book is a hilarious and delightful story.

“They Both Die at the End” by Adam Silvera

Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio are total strangers, but they both get a call from “death cast” saying they will die in 24 hours. They both have different lives, but for some reason, they want to make a friend by the end of the day on an app called “Last Friend.” They make their last day an epic adventure, one final time.

Adam Silvera’s New York Times bestseller novel “They Both Die at the End” is a good mix of love, loss and friendship. It showcases how much can change in one day.

“Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens

“Where the Crawdads Sing” follows our main character, Kia Clark, also known as the “Barkley Cove marsh girl.” She lives a quiet life in the marsh, but that all changes when she ends up on trial for the murder of Chase Andrews. We learn with the help of her lawyer, Tom, who helps without getting paid, about her life and the struggles that she went through to overcome everything.

Delia Owen’s “Where the Crawdads Sing” is a New York Times bestseller, with a good mix of murder mystery, coming-of-age, and a celebration of nature.