Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Dragon Media

Last Week in Sports Nov. 6-12

Cailyn Cashon

The Dragon football team played against Saginaw Boswell this past Friday night, winning by a score of 70-0. This win bumps the Dragons’ record up to 10-1 overall as they advance  to Round 2 in the UIL state playoffs. They will face #38 Wolfforth Frenship at Abilene Christian University’s Anthony Field Nov. 16 at 6:30 p.m. 

Photo by E. Lerin

The Dragon and Lady Dragon swim teams competed at the Non-TISCA Invitational at the Keller ISD natatorium on Nov. 11, both winning the meet. Both teams compete in the TISCA Lonestar Classic preliminaries on Nov. 17, and finals on Nov. 18 in Mansfield.

Courtesy of Lady Dragon Basketball

The Lady Dragon basketball team defeated Plano 53-33 on Nov. 7.  The team was back in action at the Colleyville Heritage Tip-off Classic Nov. 9-11, defeating both Saginaw and Crowley early on in the tournament.  The Lady Dragons finished the weekend with losses against both Bishop Lynch and Mansfield Lake Ridge, leaving their overall record 6-2. 

Ava Cottingham

The boy’s basketball team competed in the Lake Dallas tournament last weekend against Coppell and Marcus.  The Dragons look to improve their 0-2 record next week against Plano West at home on Nov. 14.  They will then travel south to compete in the DoghouseInvitational in Magnolia Nov. 16-18.

The Dragon wrestling team hosted their Green and Black Dual at home last week on Nov. 11. They are preparing for the Centennial Invitational in Burleson on Nov. 18 at 9:30 a.m.

Morgan Brown

The Lady Dragon volleyball team faced Prosper on Nov. 10 in the UIL regional semifinals at the W. G. Thomas Coliseum in Haltom City. The Lady Dragons finished their season as Regional Semi-Finalists with an overall record of 31-13.