NHS Elections This Week

National Honor Society elections will be held from Tuesday to 2 p.m. on Thursday. Officer and Honor Senate results will be released on the NHS website on May 20. Students learn more about each candidate and vote on the NHS website

Presidential candidates for this election include: Sarah Abramovitz, Haley Choksi, Alyiah Karmali, Mandy Kehoe, Mia Miranda, Aayush Mishra, Ilisha Thakker, Brooke Tireny, and Annabel Yu.

Vice presidential candidates for this election include: Will Blount, Matthew Hyslop, and Anthony Thomas.

Treasurer candidates for this election include: Catilin Kollar,Landry Risenhoover, and Ethan Thomas. 

As they were running unopposed, the following individuals have been awarded their respective positions: Reagan Needleman has been awarded the position of Secretary, Malak Askar has been awarded the position of Parliamentarian, and Murtaza Mir has been awarded the position of Historian. 

Honor Senate, a separate branch of leadership positions for NHS, will not be awarded based on student votes, but solely by teacher recommendations. 

The National Honor Society is a scholastic organization that admits students who have a GPA of 93 or above. Being a part of the NHS comes with an expectation of community service and engagement. 

Those running for Officer positions this year are juniors in the class of 2023, and most have exhibited a level of leadership and service beyond the minimum requirements. Elections for officer positions will be decided by a combination of student votes and teacher recommendations. 

Each position plays an important role in organizing NHS events and fundraisers with the president and vice president being leaders of the meetings. Honor Senate members are liaisons between members and help to plan and organize events.

The Carroll Chapter of NHS is headed by Mrs. Frank. For more information, contact her at [email protected].