Quick, simple homemade treat to try over the holidays
December 5, 2017
As first semester draws to a close and the holiday season is finally upon us, students are itching to leave the school hallways and hit the road or, of course, the cozy couch. Warm and fun homemade recipes can be the perfect way to jump into winter break. Here is an easy recipe to make granola:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup liquid sweetener: maple syrup, or honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut, olive, canola oil or melted butter
> Add a flavor (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of spice – cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cardamom
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
> Additional (optional)
- 1 cup total
- Dried fruit: raisins, dates, strawberries, etc
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with oil.
- Combine and mix dry ingredients (excluding additional) – oats, salt, and dry flavor.
- Add in and mix wet ingredients- sweetener, oil, and flavor.
- Mix in additional fruit, nuts, seeds, and/or chocolate.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and enjoy!