Faith Troutman

The story behind the lot

September 26, 2016

Senior parking spots are the embodiment of a leftover legacy upon graduating high school. Each parking spot holds significance towards their personality – whether it be a musical reference, a favorite quote, or even a favorite fast food restaurant, all spots hold a special meaning.

“The band twenty one pilots has affected me so deeply that they just aren’t “a typical band” to me. Their music speaks to me in ways that I can’t describe. I wanted my parking spot to be a daily reminder of something important to me. Every morning, I get to remember these two guys, whose music helped me get through some really difficult things.”

– Faith Troutman (12)

“I would like to think I’m pretty well known for being obsessed with not only Beyonce but makeup as well, so I figured my spot definitely had to incorporate both elements. The outside border shows eyeshadows from one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes and the center portrays Beyonce as she was in the formation music video, for her new album Lemonade.”

– Jailyn Bush (12)

“Growing up in northern new mexico I lived a few miles from the indian reservations.My grandma always bought dreamcatchers and hung them all over the house and they’ve been a part of my life since I was 4. My quote “Only a open heart can catch a dream,” means to keep your heart open to all people and experiences and it could be the answer to your dreams you have for your life.”

– Jamey Hix (12)

“I did the One Direction logo because I’ve been a Directioner since middle school and I was feeling nostalgic, they were my first concert! And I still have hope that the band will get back together.”

– Cindy Folefack (12)

Dragon Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in