Julianne Yu

List of binge worthy shows

5 shows to check out on Netflix over winter break

December 7, 2017

Almost every student is counting down the days until winter break. No homework, fun family time, and, of course, everyone’s favorite: binge watching. There’s nothing better than kicking back and relaxing with a great show. So, whether you’re in the mood for a thrilling mystery, a heartfelt drama, or just a good old fashioned laugh – there’s always a perfect show for you. Below is a list of five binge worthy shows that won’t disappoint.

1. Stranger Things

Starring: Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Winona Ryder, and David Harbour

Set in 1983 in small town Indiana, five preteen boys’ world is forever changed when one of their best friends mysteriously disappears. This thrilling mystery takes the viewer on a whirlwind adventure full of plot twists and laughs, and will definitely leave you on the edge of your seat. This Emmy award-winning show is taking the world by storm, so don’t miss out. It is available to binge on Netflix.

2. The Office

Starring: Steve Carell, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, and Ed Helms

This heartwarming and lighthearted comedy is centered around Dunder Mifflin Paper Company and takes the viewer into the everyday life of a typical American office. But, don’t worry – this show is anything but boring. The family feel in the show leads to some crazy moments you won’t want to miss, and each episode is so slapstick funny, you may become addicted. The Office, a nine season series, is perfect for binging on your holiday break: you will never run out of episodes.

3. Criminal Minds

Starring: Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Thomas Gibson, A.J. Cook, and Kirsten Vangsness

In this scary, attention-getting, and super interesting drama, a team of FBI agents works to understand the psychological aspects of criminals and their minds. This gripping show is perfect to binge watch because each episode is completely unique; there is no need to watch them in any specific order. You can pick up the show at any point and, trust me, you won’t want to stop. Criminal Minds will leave you, as they say, “shook.” It’s a perfect show to enjoy over your winter break.

4. Gilmore Girls

Starring: Alexis Bledel, Lauren Graham, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop, and Melissa McCarthy

If you’re in the mood for a fun family show, Gilmore Girls is perfect for you. It’s comforting, sweet, and entertaining. In this down-to-earth series, a single mom and her young daughter grow up together, facing whatever life throws at them head-on. Through their trials, they learn valuable lessons and have some pretty funny adventures along the way. Fall in love with each character, episode by episode, and laugh until you cry with the “Gilmore Girls.”

5. Riverdale

Starring: KJ Apa, Camila Mendes, Lili Reinhart, and Cole Sprouse

A high school classic with a dark twist, Riverdale, set around the events following the mysterious murder of Jason Blossom and the four teenagers who seek his killer, is thrilling. Go on the journey of a lifetime to solve the murder and uncover family secrets in each episode. The small number of episodes currently available makes it perfect for binging. Riverdale will, without a doubt, leave you waiting in anticipation week after week.

Dragon Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in