Signed, sealed, delivered

Carroll athletes commit

December 7, 2015

On the morning of November 11, the SAC was flooded with balloons, food, family and friends. Signing Day, a Carroll tradition which takes place in both the fall and spring, celebrates the student athletes who have committed to play their sport at the collegiate level. A total of 19 students ceremoniously signed a piece of paper and posed for pictures with their new school colors.

Hudson Sanchez, Baseball – Texas A&M
Matt Canterino, Baseball – Rice University
Trent Allen, Baseball – Wichita State University
Trevor Harris, Baseball – Baylor University
Anna Hurlburt, Basketball – University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Antigone Archer, CC and Track – West Virginia University
Alison Esparza, CC and Track – Southern Methodist University
Shea Alexander Whatley, CC and Track – Texas Tech
Madysen Hunter, Track – Notre Dame
Nate Hernandez, Diving – Duke University
Austin Whalen, Swimming – Georgia Tech
Colin Kober, Golf – Baylor University
Joseph Carter Marcontell, Golf – Oral Roberts University
Mason Greenberg, Golf – Vanderbilt University
Dean DiBello, Lacrosse – Robert Morris University
Jack Welding, Lacrosse – University of Maryland
Remington Fairchild, Volleyball – Villanova University
Megan Porter, Volleyball – Texas State University
Brayden Gruenewald, Beach Volleyball – University of Alabama at Birmingham

“It’s amazing having that weight off of your shoulders. You know, all the seniors are wanting to know where they’re going to college. It’s so nice being committed, knowing for sure. I am so happy with my decision. I can’t imagine it any other way… I’ve seen all of my team go through this – and now, I’m here. I’m the older [one], and I want to be a good role model for the younger kids coming through the program.”
– 
Nathaniel Hernandez, Diving – Duke University

“Officially signing was a huge tangible award which doesn’t come too often with track and field, especially for family and friends. I may run a time that I’m ecstatic about but it’s really hard to relate what all of that means to someone not in the sport… It was amazing to finally reap some of the rewards of all of my hard work over the years for college… A lot of people might see signing to a school as the end goal of a high school athlete, but it’s really just the beginning.”
– 
Madysen Hunter, Track and Field – Notre Dame University

“It was just nice having my family there, because they’ve supported me the whole way. I also had my personal trainer there, because he’s one of my best friends. It was great to have all my hard work pay off. I get my college paid for, I get to stay close to home, and I get to play baseball in college.”
– 

“Carroll is the reason I discovered my passion for volleyball. I will always remember the long journey from the 7th grade B team all the way to Varsity. I am forever grateful for all of the coaches who have pushed me and believed in me to get me to where I am. As I officially signed, all I thought about was how I was literally dedicating the next four years of my life to not only my sport, but also my new Villanova family.”
– 

“It was an awesome event to be a part of. To celebrate the achievements of everyone that was lucky enough to sign, and to be able to do that with the family and friends that got us there, was a really special experience.”
– 

Dragon Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in