Kickin’ it with the belles

Young girls learn and let loose at the annual junior clinic

October 13, 2016

This year, the Junior Belle Clinic was hosted on Sept. 24. It’s an opportunity for girls, kindergarten through 8th grade, to dance alongside our current Emerald Belles. The young girls participate in games, snacks, and fun dance routines with the Emerald Belle officers.

img_9778jpg
Ana Warner (12) and Natalie Seitz (12) pose with the girls as they arrive at the clinic.

“We do it every year as a fundraiser and just as a fun way to show the girls what it’s like to be a belle.”

– Ana Warner (12)

Junior Belle gets her picture taken in the uniform.

“My favorite part of the clinic is seeing how excited the little girls are to be there with us because I remember, when I did the clinic as a kid, I thought it was so cool to be there with the Belles.”

– Caroline Garcia (12)

img_9811jpg
Ashleigh Christmann (12) and Cat Brannon (12) give the junior Belles tattoos as they walk in.

“I love how we get to connect with the girls on a more personal level instead of just at football games. My favorite parts are the games like freeze dance, and getting to enjoy being with each other.”

– Cat Brannon (12)

img_9809jpg
Madisyn Daniel (12) poses with a junior belle during their beginning stretches.

“My favorite part was teaching the little girls and seeing how much fun they were having. I love being able to interact with the kids and dance with them.”

– Madisyn Daniel (12)

img_0030jpg
Belle officers begin to lead the girls in their routine.

“As a line officer we have to prepare a dance to teach the girls. It takes a lot of planning from the line and social officers as well as the Belle moms who help out.”

– Claire Berutti (12)

img_0272jpg
The junior Belles show off their routine.

“I love it when the junior belles perform for their parents because you can tell how much fun they’re having and they are so fun to watch.”

– Candice Cramer (12)

The junior Belles practice their dance together.

“What I enjoy most about the clinic is watching all the girls enjoy their experience and have fun with their friends and all the Belles.”

– Amanda Walker (12)

img_9947jpg
Kelly Alspaw (11) dances with a junior belle during show-off time.

“We like to make it as fun as possible throughout the day and being able to watch them perform. I like seeing the girls come back each year because they had so much fun the year before.”

– Tegan Rees (12)

Katheryn Larkin (10) gives a junior belle a piggyback ride during free time.

“A challenge is usually trying to get all the girls quiet so they can pay attention.”

– Ashley Estridge (12)

Ryleigh Malloy (12) and Delaney Malloy (10) pose for a picture with a junior belle at snack time.

“[My favorite part is] probably snack time because that’s when we get to hang out with the girls in smaller groups and eat.”

– Ashley Estridge (12)

The junior Belles are in their poses and ready to dance again.

“The biggest challenge is keeping up with them. They all have so much more energy than we do so running around with them can be a bit challenging.”

– Caroline Garcia (12)

Peyton Faltys (12) dances with the Belles, showing their latest routine.

“The purpose of the clinic is to build a love for dance in the young girls and give them the experience of being on the Emerald Belles Drill Team.”

– Amanda Walker (12)

Sarah Scheffler (12) leads the junior Belles on the indoor field to practice for their performance at the game on Thursday.

“My favorite part of it is seeing how happy the girls are to perform at the game and getting to hang out with them and see how much they look up to the Belles.”

– Ana Warner (12)

Dragon Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in