Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight – Travis Scott

8/10

September 26, 2016

Travis Scott’s new guest heavy album is not only amplifying his own music career but also all of the artist’s featured in this album. The title of 24 year old rapper’s new album comes from a line in his song, “Pick Up the Phone.Scott’s second studio album, Birds in the Trap Sing Mcknight, is the Houston rapper’s most concise and cohesive project to date. When Scott released Rodeo in 2014 he struggled to balance the ambition, quality, and star power throughout the production of the album. Scott’s album falls under the psychedelic rock/rap category solely on how creative and unique his style of music is.

Scott’s new album features a lot of amazing artists with an abundance of skill. Surprisingly, Travis doesn’t do much singing or rapping in his album. The majority of the lyrics sang in the album were done by the featuring artists. The major artists that appear on this album are Bryson Tiller, Kid Cudi, 21 Savage, The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar, Young Thug, Quavo, André 3000, K. Forest, Blac Youngsta, and Nav. All of these artists have major experience and wisdom in this industry. Travis obtaining these artists will not only help boost his album to sound ultramodern and fashionable but also unique and creative, which is appealing to the younger audience.

I listen to a lot of music and I really like to think about the production and skill that goes into making these albums. With that being said, this album really brings a new energy to the music industry, an energy that is well desired.

Dragon Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in